03 November 2011

New Art and FaerieCon!

I have some new art to share - both of these beauties are available on the web site.  

"Companions" is an homage to pet lovers everywhere, and features representations of 3 pets I have known and loved - my childhood companion "Kitty", my recently deceased (well, 2006) cockatiel 'Mo', and "Bronte" a gorgeous Chocolate Lab who was part of the family of my in-laws in Yarm, UK.


"The Witching Hour" is a Samhain-themed painting in the Art Nouveau style with a bit of a Steampunk flavour.





In other news, I'm going to FaerieCon this weekend!!  I'm very excited, packed and ready to go (although I can't stop double-checking to make sure I haven't missed anything).  I am not exhibiting or vending, I'm only going for the fun of it and to meet up with friends who are vending.  I'm looking forward to meeting the Frouds, Charles Vess, and Amy Brown as I'm just a big ol' fangrrl!

My friend Brigid Ashwood, who is a featured artist at FaerieCon, has written a post about the event- if you need some encouragement to come on out ;) GeekMom: FaerieCon - The Sparkly Side of GeekCons

No comments:

Blogger Blogs I follow