16 November 2012

FaerieCon 2012


I'm back from FaerieCon!  Thank you to all of you who came by my table and said hello and made me feel welcome in the Faerie Realm - and thanks especially to all who made a purchase! :)

I could attempt to wax poetic about how wonderful it was (because it WAS wonderful), but this post by C.S.E. Cooney best describes the magic that is FaerieCon:  FaerieCon: The Things They Don't Tell You.  I could never hope to top that - and it's all true!

It was my first time vending (and only second time attending) FaerieCon, and I was nervous!  I needn't have been.  My vendor neighbours were fantastically welcoming and helpful (shoutout to Herbal Turtle Teas, The Leather Lair, Lithia's Creations, and authors Patrick Thomas and John French!), and when the doors opened, there was so much bright energy from the crowds that my nervousness just melted away!

It was such a pleasure to see old friends and acquaintances: Ash Evans, Leah and Shane Odom, Chrissy and Marc Hudgins, Meredith Dillman, and Jenny Davies-Reazor, and a great honor to meet Jasmine Becket-Griffith and Rachel Anderson (both of whom I've had an online acquaintance with for years, but never met in person until this past weekend), and Terri Windling-Gayton who has been such an inspiration.  I also met another online acquaintance, Megan Congdon, although I didn't realize it at the time, as it was early on the Friday and I was a bit shell-shocked and dazed by the magical enormity of it all.

Such fun new discoveries, too - Wotan the Faerie Smasher, Bill and Sam Cass with Nymbol and friends, and so many purveyors of excellent faerie finery, scents, tastes, and beautiful art.  The Good and Bad Faeries Balls were enormous fun, with excellent performances from wonderful bands and solo artists.  And so many beautiful, strange, and/or mesmerizing costumes - an artist's inspiration fantasyland!

I've posted most of the photos I snapped in an album on my Facebook page, but here are a couple of me in all my silly glory, made up for the Balls!

Good Mary
Bad Mary

Click for my Facebook FaerieCon 2012 album - I don't think a Facebook account is needed to view the album, although you'd have to have one to 'like' or 'comment'!


No comments:

Blogger Blogs I follow