09 June 2013

Another Occasional Blog Post...brought to you by the letter "P" (as in "procrastination")

Well, lookit that.  It's only a blog post from me - Queen of the occasional rambles.

While it has been a moderately busy time of late, that's really no excuse.  In any event, here I am, typing at ya.

I most recently was busy preparing for, and then attending, Parisian Promenade in Greensboro, NC.  It turned out to be a really nice day!  Not too hot, although it was a bit humid, and even though we were under threat of thunderstorms, the weather held out and we made it through the afternoon rain-free.  I think this might have been one of the biggest turnouts at Parisian Promenade - at least in the 3 years I've vended there.  It was a busy day, and I had a really good sales day, as well, for which I am very grateful.  It's hard being an artist and making a living at it, and we artists are so thankful for our patrons and fans.  Every print sold means we can pay a portion of a bill, buy a portion of groceries, and can PAINT MORE!

I'm doing more shows this year than ever - after FaerieCon in November, I will have done at least 5 appearances this year (there may be a couple of other opportunities for shows locally between now and the end of the year).  I actually submitted work to DragonCon this year, and was accepted - but, due to the amount of artists applying, and space limitations, I wound up wait-listed.  Still, it was a nice opportunity, and it was good to get feedback from the jurors about what works, and what needs improvement.

The next event is in just a couple of weeks - Greensboro Summer Solstice which is such good fun!  Kids and adults alike come dressed in their faerie finery, and the mood is so light and joyful!  I am really looking forward to it.  If you're in the Greensboro, NC area - you should come check it out - it's free to get in, and a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.  It's on Saturday 22nd June this year, from 3pm until 8pm for the bazaar, and there will be fire dancing and live music afterwards until 9 or 10.

Hope you are all having a lovely late spring!


No comments:

Blogger Blogs I follow